This article is the eighth installment in our blog series on Receiving Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment. To catch up on past articles in this series, read:
- A Complete Overview to Prepare for Receiving FF&E
- What to Know Before You Receive Contractor Products
- Quick Tips for Receiving Case Goods & Furniture
- How to Receive Art & Mirrors
- Receiving Desk Lamps, Wall Sconces & Floor/Table Lamps
- Questions to Ask When Receiving Seating
- The FF&E Window Treatments Process
Delivery and installation of approved or preferred fitness equipment must be coordinated through all phases of new construction or renovation projects, including:
- Wall Covering
- Equipment installation
You must consider a variety of factors when receiving fitness equipment:
Communicating with your general contractor is vital to the success of any property completion, especially in the case of fitness equipment.
In the pre-planning stage, collaborate with your GC on the following steps prior to receiving these items:
- Obtain equipment layout from your equipment vendors. The equipment layout is critical to know where to place electrical outlets, TV outlets and any specific low-voltage access.
- Be aware of where TVs will be mounted, and what type of TV mount will be used. Specific blocking requirements may be necessary.
- Ensure proper plumbing is in place prior to drywall. This is especially crucial if you are planning to have a water fountain or cooler installed.
Specialized Installation Team
You’ll want to coordinate product arrival with specialists who are familiar with the product and are aware of how to handle and install this sensitive equipment. Many fitness equipment vendors provide delivery and installation of cardio equipment. Consider requesting this valuable service if available with your preferred equipment vendor.
Another important aspect of receiving fitness equipment is accessibility.
Be prepared for equipment vendors to ask the following questions:
- What floor is the fitness room on?
- How far away is the fitness room from the main entrance?
- What size are the doors leading into the fitness room?
Because this equipment is a very specialized product, you want to ensure your installation team has access to the fitness room for immediate placement, to minimize product damage and maintain all warranties.
Other Items to Consider
Most major hotel brands publish their minimum equipment requirements to assist owners in what equipment to purchase. Free weights, benches, mats and any non-motorized equipment is typically shipped directly to the site for the FF&E team to receive and install, per the layout provided by the vendor.
At Innvision Hospitality, our purchasing and design experts support and guide hoteliers through all logistical aspects of receiving and installing fitness equipment. If you have any questions regarding FF&E for your new construction or renovation project, please reach out to us at (888) 875-6202.
Stay tuned for more in our “Tips for Receiving FF&E” blog series to know the right questions to ask of your procurement, logistics, installation, and GC partners to ensure your hotel project goes smoothly! Next up: Mattresses.